Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
- Communication-Leaders understand that communication has more to do with the connection made with their listeners than it has to do with the words coming out of their mouth. Therefore, leaders take their time, listening to their followers to find common ground. Once this is achieved they are better able to convey their message in a simple and clear manner.
- Influence-Influence has nothing to do with your position in a company or organization. In fact, anyone can have influence on someone else because influence is the ability to personally affect others’ actions, decisions, opinions or thinking. Having influence only occurs when followers feel as though a person or leader can be trusted. John Maxwell noted that “Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less” and this is true.
- Mentorship-Building a relationship with followers is key in leadership. Becoming a mentor to followers allows the leader to teach others in his or her area of expertise but it also allows the leader to learn about each follower and guide him or her in the right direction for success.
- Responsibility-Leaders understand that every action that a leader takes can greatly influence the outcome of their success, therefore, they accept full responsibility for the performance of their followers. In addition, leaders are not afraid to accept criticism for mistakes or take steps to address concerns and make amends with those who have been inconvenienced.
- Motivation- Motivation is a crucial element in setting and attaining personal and organizational goals. Therefore, through relationship building with followers, leaders learn their wants and needs. They use this information to better encourage these individuals which helps their followers to become motivated in their task. This in turn develops highly effective individuals.
- Support-Leaders understand that lending support is important in leadership for followers who may be struggling with a task. Though leaders communicate their expectations and directions while ensuring that it was clearly defined and understood. Leaders do not simply assign tasks and then receive the results. Instead, if a follower is struggling the leader works through the tasks with the follower to improve skills and talent.
- Ethics- Leaders know what they value. They also recognize the importance of ethical behavior. The best leaders exhibit both their values and their ethics in their leadership style and actions. Leadership ethics and values should be visible because the leader exhibits them in all actions. By demonstrating this through action, it visibly will create trust between the leader and followers.
- Decision-Leaders understand how to balance emotion with reason and make decisions that positively impact themselves, their followers and their organizations.
- Contribution-Leaders think about their contribution to their followers. They reflect on how their leadership is making a difference to their followers, organizations and community. Leaders recognize by asking “how their leadership is making a difference” helps them understand how their own actions have contributed to followers and their organization, whether good or bad.
- Vision- Effective leaders define a vision and build followers' commitment to it.
- Teamwork-Leaders understand that teamwork consist of collaboration from their followers and allow their followers to be heard.
- Management-Leaders understand that leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and control.
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Monday, July 18, 2016
As I sit here and reflect on my life and think about what I need for success, I think about all the people I lead, the ones I coach, and those I train to be a better version of themselves. With those individuals in mind, it reminds me why I do the work that I do each day. It reminds me of the purpose I was given and allows me to live a life that creates abundance. It also allows me to jump over the hurdles that appear in my journey to success. Not because I'm a super human, but because I'm unstoppable in my path. I keep in mind what Peter Diamandis once said "Creating abundance is not about creating a life of luxury for everybody on the planet; it’s about creating a life of [possibilities]".
I challenge you today to create a life of possibilities and chase the dream that was put in your heart.
I challenge you to get a life or leadership coach to take this amazing journey with you. I challenge you to invest in your future self. Why? Because you were meant to do great things!
So go out there and be great!
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
I believe it is because some of you, don't believe that you matter. But I am here to tell you, that you do Matter. You are valued and there is a purpose for your life. All you need to do is look within your inner being to find it. I know some of you are thinking " well Doc, that's easy for you to say, you know your purpose". However, I did not always know my purpose. I was once like you, I was living in someone else's purpose, fulfilling everyone else's needs, allowing myself to believe these were the cards I was dealt and started to lose motivation.
Then something happen, I woke up one morning and said enough! I matter too, I deserve to seek out the reason why I was born. That morning I decided that I was going to find my purpose. Yet, I didn't look to the world but I looked within myself. I knew God had a plan for my life and I always had the burning desire to help others by pouring into their lives with encouragement and wisdom. Those are my gifts and was a starting point in finding my purpose.
I realized a few years ago, the way God intended me to help people and use my gifts was through taking a journey with each person and giving them wisdom, encouragement, knowledge, and inspiration along the way. On this journey we call life, I dare my clients to dream, but I don't stop there! I challenge them to take action. After all, what is a dream without action? Its a fantasy..... So, here I walk with each one of them on their journey to finding themselves, finding their purpose, chasing their dreams and living a life that matters, and equipping them to live a life of significance.
With this, I am honored that each of them decided to choose me as their Coach. Allowing us to do life together!
I challenge you tonight to look within yourself and ask yourself "What's your purpose?" If you don't have an answer, I would like you to consider what purpose looks like:
* A purpose will motivate you.
* A purpose will keep your priorities straight.
* A purpose will develop your potential.
* A purpose will give you power to live in the present.
* A purpose will help you evaluate your progress.
Once you are ready to seek out your purpose OR when you what your purpose is, then I want you must ask yourself, how much are you willing to invest in developing a better version of yourself?
During the summer months while everyone is investing on vacations to escape reality, I challenge you to invest in yourself and seek out where your potential can take you. Develop a growth plan, create a vision board for the summer, go get some good self-help books, attend workshops, and lastly get a Coach to do life with you!
I offer free consultations to those who are serious about becoming the best version of themselves. I also offer guided coaching sessions that are geared towards your personal growth plan which will transform you into someone, others wont recognize.
Are you ready? Are you willing?
If so, contact me at 980-221-9607 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your Free 30- minute consultation and for more information visit my website http://www.johncmaxwellgroup.com/sophiamiranda and like me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/letsdolife2gether/
Love being Your Coach!
Monday, June 6, 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Friday, May 20, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Your quality of life is determined by YOU! What you want for your future is determined by the steps you take to get there.Whether it is a healthy relationship, love, like-minded individuals, like valued people, or simply good friends you seek, you must get out the house and network. I learned a while ago that my future husband nor my dreams were going to knock on my front door and be handed to be. I had to put in work, sow seeds and watch my seeds grow. While I'm nourishing my seeds, I have to remember that I deserve the best life in world. #Live,Laugh,Love
Les Brown says it this way "Keep it real! Stop lying to yourself. Look yourself in the mirror and say..."I am not running away anymore...from my dreams or the life that I deserve." I can live more, love more, do more, and achieve far beyond what I've done so far. Act as if you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Run toward your GREATEST life ever"
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Each of us should lead a life stirring enough to start a movement. We should yearn to change the world. We should love unquenchably, dream unfalteringly, and work unceasingly.
We should close our ears to the manifold voices of compromise and perch ourselves on the branch of truth. We should champion the value of people, proclaim the forgiveness of God, and claim the promise of heaven.
And we should lead a life stirring enough to cause a movement. A movement comes of age when one life harvests the seeds planted by countless lives in previous generations. A movement occurs when one person, no greater or lesser than those who have gone before, lives a forceful life in the fullness of time.
Let’s live lives stirring and forceful enough to cause a movement. A true mark of the visionary is his willingness to lay down his life for those whom he’ll never see.
Will the movement come in our generation? I hope so. But even if it doesn’t, even if we never see it, it will occur. And we’ll be part of it".
From Max Lucado's new 365-day devotional God Is With You Every Day 
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.
I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving. Today I will make a difference.
I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It’s okay to stumble. . . . I will get up. It’s okay to fail. . . . I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love. My my children, my family, close friends. Today, I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening.
Today I will make a difference.
From Max Lucado's new 365-day devotional God Is With You Every Day 
Monday, April 4, 2016
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
I had no idea that today would be the day he wanted me to make extra God Room than my routine "God room" but he knew. During my trip to Florida 2 weeks ago, I met a very nice woman, during our encounter she gave me her business card and on the back she wrote out 2 books. She said she normally writes the first book on the back of cards but something was nudging her to write the second book on there too.
The second book she wrote down was the one I happened to start reading today. When I started reading the first chapter, the story I was reading, jumped off the page. It was similar to my story in some ways. Which I found interesting and wondered how all the pieces fit together. Then it hit me.....
Before my time with God today, I received an Angel in the mail, it was a gift from my aunt and the message on the Angel was "Go Confidently toward your Dreams".
I believe this was God affirming his perfect plan for my life. Now it is my duty to accept necessary endings in some areas of my life. I have some things (and people) I need to give up in order to move forward. Becoming aware of these necessary changes is a sign of true growth!
Monday, March 28, 2016
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Friday, March 25, 2016
Thursday, March 24, 2016
*** ACT NOW! Only 10 Spots Available***
I would like to invite you to my next Mastermind Group study on “Everyone Communicates, Few Connect” by John Maxwell. This is a 10-week in-depth study that will afford you the opportunity to join forces and mastermind with a unique group of like-minded and like-valued individuals who are focused on taking results in every area of their lives to a new level. Having the support and ideas from other focused and driven people allows us to see things differently and to get a new perspective on goals and action plans.
-Finding Common Ground
-Keeping Your Communication Simple
-Capturing People’s Interest
-Staying Authentic in all Your Relationships
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Being different is what makes us unique. Never be afraid to be who God called you to be in this world. People tend to follow the trends and the mass majority.
Well, today I challenge you to be a trend setter and instead of following the majority,be yourself and allow other the opportunity to see the real you!
Suzy Kassem puts its it like this "Being different and thinking differently make a person unforgettable. History does not remember the forgettable. It honors the unique minority the majority cannot forget".
Last week someone handed me a notebook with a note and a card inside which was a random act of kindness. What that person did not know, is the impact she had on my life and how much I appreciate her actions. She thought and acted differently which was something I can not forget!
Do something today worth remembering.
~Dr. Sophia Miranda