Saturday, April 23, 2016

What Commitment Looks like to Leaders


What Commitment Looks like to Leaders: 

What do you think about when you hear the word commitment? Maybe you think about a romantic relationship , or a time when you committed yourself to an event or a commitment to a team. Well,  the commitment that I'm referring to is the commitment of a leader! 
In one of my biblical leadership studies, I learned that Commitment comes before anything else in a leader’s life. "Nehemiah had it and drew it out of others, the people finished the wall in 52 days, despite many adversities. Their great accomplishment so thrilled Nehemiah that he wrote, “When all our enemies heard of it, and all the nations around us saw these things...they were very disheartened in their own eyes; for they perceived that this work was done by our God” (Neh. 6:16)".

In this biblical leadership study, it made me pause and think about the characteristics or traits of a leader who brings out leadership in others especially those who are leaders empowering leaders. I found that most successful leaders who complete a monumental task, one that others said couldn't be done, possess at least four characteristics:

1. A compelling purpose: They make a great commitment to a great cause.

2. A clear perspective: They don’t let fear cloud their view of the future.

3. A continual prayer: They pray about everything and gain God’s favor.

4. A courageous persistence: They move ahead despite the odds.

As a leader who develops leaders, I understand that it takes a different set of skills to accomplish this goal therefore, I have embraced these four characteristics and demonstrate them daily. Why? Because I understand the power of raising and the power of developing other leaders. 

I challenge you today to lead a leader, develop a leader to their highest potential or if you're a leader who wants to be developed to your highest potential, then I challenge you to contact me for professional coaching or leadership development training, sophiamiranda@johnmaxwellgroup.com 

Be Great, because you are... Now it's your time to show the world. 

~Dr. Miranda 


No comments:

Post a Comment