1. What did The Kite Runner teach you about Afghanistan? About friendship? About forgiveness, redemption and love?
2. Who suffers the most in The Kite Runner?
3. Were you surprised to learn about the racial tension between the Pashtuns and Hazaras in Afghanistan? Can you think of any culture in the world without a history of oppression? Why do you think minority groups are oppressed so often?
4. What did you like about Baba? Dislike about him? How was he different in the U.S. than in Afghanistan? Did he love Amir?
5. How did learning that Hassan was Baba's son change your understanding of Baba?
6. Why did Amir act so hatefully toward Hassan after he saw him get raped? Why did Hassan still love Amir?
7. Did Amir ever redeem himself?
8. What do you think happened to Sohrab?
9. Rate The Kite Runner on a scale of one to five.