Monday, March 28, 2016

Dare to Dream!

Scott Faye once said that we all need to “Dare to Dream”. I remember the first time I heard this, I thought to myself “then what” I wasn’t afraid of dreaming. I think I was more afraid of leaving my comfort zone to put my dreams to the test.  I had this thing we call “fear”. Fear is what most would believe to be an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. Yet, what unpleasant emotion would my dreams or putting them to the test cause? What pain could it possibility cause? I was unsure, therefore, I put my dreams on the back burner, year after year. Then I remember sitting in service one Sunday and Pastor Penny Maxwell said something that resonated with me. She said we all have fears. So even when we are afraid, “Do it anyway”. It was a sermon on leadership, and leadership was one of the things I was struggling with in my life at that time. I felt like she was talking to me. I felt like I was the only one in the room and the phrase “Do it anyway” was on repeat.  I felt a sense of peace at the moment, I knew that God was telling it “its OK to dare to dream and to take action”. He told me that I am more than enough and he gave me my dreams so that I can fulfill it. I remember thinking “so what am I afraid of”? It wasn’t the fact that I thought I would fail because I knew that everyone fails, I have done it myself, plenty of times before, it wasn’t that I thought I was inadequate because God told me I was more than enough. So what was I waiting for?  
You see, Fear really means “False Evidence Appearing Real” so instead of talking yourself out of chasing your dream and taking action because you are afraid, Do It Anyway! Your potential is on the other side of your fear.  Once I realized that I had the ability to soar and that I serve a Big God then my eyes were opened and the lies that I believed that caused me to have fear was shattered….
So I challenge you to live beyond your fears today, I challenge you to look in that mirror this morning and tell yourself that you can soar! You were meant to be Great, no matter how bad your situation may look. And keep in mind “ A dream worth pursing is a picture and blueprint of your purpose and potential” #DaretoDream
~Dr. Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment